Enel electronic kWh meter assembly, test and calibration
The line is used in order to automatically assemble, test and calibrate electronic monophase and polyphase kilowatt-hour meters provided by Enel, the most important provider of power and gas in Italy.
The line takes an area of over 400 m2 .
The medium time for operations is 4 seconds for monophase meters and 12 seconds for polyphase meters, the daily productivity is 16.800 and 5.600 pieces in 22 working hours and the efficiency is higher than 85%.
The process for assembly, test and calibration is structured as follows:
- Cycle start/components checking
- Base placing on conveyer belt
- Tamper contacts mounting/protections screwing
- Power groups mounting
- Breaker mounting
- Board mounting and cables soldering
- Case mounting
- Calibration (followed by verify)
- Laser marking
- Meters sealing
- Line unloading
- Label applying and meters packing
All operations and meters serial numbers are automatically saved on databases.
The video shows how the robot operates in calibration zone.